Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Hot as Hell Half, and the Colfax Urban 10

What a weekend it was!  I was in Colorado photographing a wedding and Bob was holding the fort down at home.  

In true Bethany fashion, I signed us up for races too.  I was invited to this inaugural race in Tempe called the Hot as Hell Half Marathon Trail Run.  It was brand new and cheap to sign up so, of course, who wouldn't?  I had planned for both Bob and I to do it, but then one of my lovely brides had to change her wedding date and I had to bail. Never one to miss an opportunity to race though I found myself a race in Colorado to do!

Bob had a BLAST running the Hot as Hell Half, and I was so proud of him for doing it.  He orchestrated childcare and got himself to the start line.   Meanwhile back in CO I was wrestling with rain and 45 degrees.




Bob said the run was hot.....as hell.....funny how aptly it was named, but a BLAST.  One of our triathlon friends Ashley ran in my place and of course came across the finish in the top 5 overall women (she's kind of a big deal).

And BOB!  Man the guy can run.....and look at those abs.....mmmmmm.....but I digress.  He came in 2nd in his age group and 10th overall!  Holy buckets.  Next year I want to do this one, but for now I am just really glad Bob got to do it!


Meanwhile over in CO I was trying to figure out how many layers I was going to wear to manage the rain and cold that was hovering over Denver.  For 4 days I felt like I was in Seattle!


I love the Colfax races because you get to see so much of the City.  The Urban 10 mile race was a perfect distance for me given the altitude and the fact that I was on my feet all day shooting a wedding the day before.


We started in the rain and I loved every second of the race.  We went past so many places that I grew up with and I truly felt like I was visiting my past.  

My favorite part about the race is that we get to run around the Bronco's Stadium.  Right on the field.  It is so much fun!


Because of all the rain, everything was green and lush and gorgeous.  Denver was spectacular and the race was a BLAST! I had no time goal and didn't even wear my watch. 

Although we were apart we did our racing thing "together" and both had a blast! 



No comments:

Post a Comment