Monday, April 16, 2018

Believe

Christmas this year came and went in somewhat of a busy blur.  I love blurs, but sometimes it ends so fast you can't even remember all that happened.  In true, Mom, form, Lily handed me a letter she had written for Santa with strict instructions to mail it to the North Pole.

I forgot.  

And foolishly thought that she would too.  So in February she came running out of her bedroom one day with the letter and alligator tears running down her face. "Mommy!  You never mailed my letter. I need Santa to know what I wrote!"  Oh dear......BAD MOM right over this way people.

I played it off and told her that I would get it in the mail just as fast as I could.  "But Mom, its not Christmas!"  I turned and smiled and told her, "Well Babe, if Santa can only get letters at Christmas then hes not a very good Santa!"

I hastily put Grandma Lynn's address on it knowing she would love to play Santa and sent it off.  I had no idea what Lily had written, but I knew that Grandma would know right what to do.

A few weeks later we got this, and some boxes of presents.  Lily and Evie were AMAZED, in AWE, and so EXCITED that "Santa" had gotten their letter.  But there was more to it than simply getting what she asked for.



Bob and I videoed the entire morning and sat delighted as Lily did just what Santa had asked. 




I am eternally grateful for the family that we have.  Whether in Vernon, Illinois, Florida, their love and support of our girls stretches far.

My girls are in a good place of wonderment about Santa and the real or not real belief.  This moment reminded them that the spirit of generosity, giving, and love brought to all, are what Santa, and Christ-mas are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment