Thursday, January 4, 2018

They Stayed in a tiny Barn

Happy New Year!  I had such high hopes of being able to get caught up on 2017s blogs before 2018 rolled around and as you can see.......I'm gonna have to live in the past a bit!

The Thursday before Christmas Evie Frances had her Christmas program.  We are so blessed by the RMUMC Preschool and we look forward to this program every year.  I won't lie, I am not sad Evie will be going to Kindergarten next year, but I am sad that we will be leaving the Preschool!




Evie had been singing snip its of her songs for her program for the month leading up to the evening and I just couldn't help myself but smile every time she would practice.  She would go on repeat with 2 or 3 phrases from a song and the most popular verse was "no room in the inn so they stayed in a tiny Barn....."  Now remember, Evie doesn't do R's well so you can imagine how cute that little refrain was.  I love this little girl and she was SO EXCITED when her program arrived.



Evie loves to sing and it shows.  She was placed right in the front middle and did not disappoint. while some of the words, especially the Spanish ones, were lost on her, she did the motions and sang as loud as she possibly could. 





I was snapping so many pictures and about half way through the performance, Evie looked over at me and gave me the look below.  Cannot wait until she sees this one as an adult.  Mom and her camera.



In true Longmire fashion, the yawning started in earnest towards the end.  She was all in with the motions but couldn't help herself.....it was tired out.


The program was such a lovely one and such a special memory.  One of Evie's requests was a picture with Mrs. Hershey.  This woman is her music teacher and quite possibly her favorite teacher of all time.  This woman and her daughter have a special place in Evie's heart.....no doubt.



Evie is very loved, and she loves very big.  Her teacher's and friends delight her and her joy is so fun to watch.  Her program was a thriving success and I am so grateful for the men and women who pour into her.  


No comments:

Post a Comment