Friday, January 5, 2018

Christmas Memories

I love Christmas time.  I really do.  I recognize that not everyone has such lovely memories as me, but I relish my joy in the season and look forward to it every year.  This year was especially exciting as we were going to spend it up at the new Flying E Ranch.


Unfortunately my family has not been immune to all of the horrible sick bugs that are floating around. Not only did we manage to be sick most of December (and are still battling bugs now), but managed to successfully give the germ fury to Memaw and Papa when they visited us for our marriage conference weekend.  We arrived 2 days before Christmas to a nearly bed ridden Memaw and a Papa on the brink.  It was awful and I just felt terrible.  They were so sick.  

While I am so grateful that we could be there to keep them company in their misery the days leading up to Christmas were pretty blue.  After an urgent care visit, some good ol' antibiotics and some steroids, life started to perk up come Christmas day.







We even all ventured outside for a post present hike.  It was lovely and even though Memaw and Papa were still not completely themselves, they were amazing hikers.  Their property is so much fun and the national forest is right out their back door.  We hiked this amazing trail that gave us a birds eye view of the land.


Ellie was quite literally in doggie heaven.  She had no idea that when 3 ladies walked in to claim her that she would be living a life or freedom, running, hiking, outdoor digging, treat eating and family loving.  She is a lucky duck and we feel most assuredly.....we chose wisely.




Our holidays were very low key and I spent most of my time being present instead of taking pictures all of the time.  I think it is a good thing and I try my darndest to make and capture memories while staying in the moment without a camera.  




I pulled the big camera out one evening around the fire.  The wonderful thing about this particular winter in AZ is that you can be outside all of the time.  Yes its cold, but with a fabulous fire you stay pretty cozy and comfy.







We had a great time just being together.  No agenda, no timeframe, just some puppy snuggles, kid snuggles and celebrating the season.





Christmas 2017 may have been filled with more sickness than we could want, but it was not void of joy.  I am thankful for the ways God moved in 2017 and that Mom and Dad are close to us.  Here's to celebrating many more holidays together!

No comments:

Post a Comment