Saturday, January 6, 2018

Vegas Baby

In true 2017 fashion, our winter break has been busy and not devoid of travel.  Bob and I had the fantastic opportunity to head to Vegas for a 3 day visit with our amazing friends and travel partners Matt and Tara.  The 4 of us have such a great time in Vegas.  We have been together about 3 times and I was so excited to go again considering the last time we went I was pregnant so drinking was out of the question.  Not this time!


We left the girls and Ellie with Memaw and Papa (did I mention they are awesome?) and headed down to the airport.  We got into Vegas with an entire afternoon to enjoy.  Tara and I took a girls day and shopped while the boys bought show tickets and gambled.  It was great and Tara and I discovered an amazing bar with huge Mules for a great price.  We frequented "our bar" many times on the trip.  Ill tell you, nothing better than a cocktail and shopping with a friend!


Matt took us out for an INCREDIBLE dinner at the Top of the World restaurant on the Stratosphere.  What an  experience and the food was fabulous.  We enjoyed a nearly 2 hour dinner and a birds eye view of Vegas before heading out to the LA Comedy Club for a night of belly laughs.  Man, some people are funny!


I drank too much, but managed to get myself up and out on the strip for a 6 mile run the next morning.  Running on the empty strip is one of my top things to do in Vegas.  The roads and sidewalks are all freshly washed, no one is awake except like minded runners, its cool and crisp, and the scenery is awesome.  If you want to see it all....RUN it in the morning.  


After a run and completely unrushed morning, Bob and I decided to go and take in an afternoon movie, The Greatest Showman.  It was amazing and wonderful and everything a movie should be.  I couldn't believe how happy it made me and Bob.  The theatre was SKETCHY, but the movie was perfect and such a fun way to spend the afternoon.




That night we had another feast at TAO and then took in the fun and colorful Cirque de Soliel show, LOVE.  I was never a Beatles fan, but the music, dancing, and joy of the show was perfect.  The boys got us fantastic seats and we ended up nearly touching the stage.  We were immersed and I seriously wondered if I secretly wasn't supposed to be in the circus.  What fun.


Our last day was a late start for all.  Bob and I connected with one of Bob's old work buddies who happened to be visiting Vegas when we were there.  It was quite the blast from the past and Bob and I were  smiling at the memories of jobs long ago.  We had a great afternoon with Matt and Tara and while Tara and I drank, the guys managed to win some money.  We came home richer than when we left.  Shocking! (You're welcome Lily for that dental work ;) ) 

We left before the New Year's crowds descended and had a simple fantastic time together!  Here is to the next adventure guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment