Monday, April 4, 2016

Bye Bye Baby!

Lily Grace has been desperate to loose her teeth.  She has so many friends that are in different stages of teeth loss and she has simply been anxious to start.  So 6 weeks ago when she burst home from school full of sheer glee that she had a loose tooth, I couldn't help but smile.  I knew it was only a matter of time.


I must admit that I was so excited for her.  It was really fun to realize that I have a kid old enough to loose her teeth! When did this happen?  Of course I misjudged just how long it takes for those little baby teeth to work their way out!  Every day for nearly 4 weeks she would move and wiggle it trying to get it out and then one day....Voila!  Lily lost her first baby tooth.  2 weeks later she lost tooth number 2.  Needless to say the Tooth Fairy has been rather busy delivering much anticipated treasures to our little girl.  


She now has this adorable gap in her smile that just makes me want to squeeze her tight.  Her sense of pride and accomplishment is so big. 


She could not have lost these teeth at a more perfect time.  So long baby! Lily is becoming a bold and beautiful young woman.  She is maturing and growing into this wonderful person.  Bold, confident, unique, brave and feisty.  I love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment