Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Make Up Session

So.........painting got a little out of hand the other day..........


Lily Grace is all into make up, fingernail polish, dresses, high heels and all things lovely, girly and Posh (its a Fancy Nancy word......).  In this little stage of our life any and all paint inevitably wants to find its way to the face......



Im not big on messes.  Having my face painted with Target $3 watercolors is nearly the last thing on my list.  Every now and then I lay it all down and let my 2 year old go to town putting pink watercolors on my eye lids.  They are only this little once.



Lily took great care to be sure I had the proper lip stick while Evie did my eyes.  Upon completion I had every color represented on my face and the realization that my girls might just have a future as a make up artist on a Zombie movie.



We had fun.  I love my girls and am afraid to admit that I don't get down and play often enough with them.  I stress at the mess. Somewhere between my youth and adulthood, I have kind of forgotten how to enjoy making messes.  Its fun to find a moment to remember.



My little Lily is becoming a beautiful young lady and as I looked at her paint colored face the other day I was only too aware that soon it will evenly blend into a gorgeous made up woman.  Her days of making watercolor messes a memory.


Thank you Jesus for giving me little girls who like to dress up and who like to be messy.  Remind me of the beauty in the mess.  Teach me to play, and may the memories we make be the joy that helps them weather the storms of life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment