Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Candyland

I know many of you will be shocked, but I did not learn to play Candyland until about 5 years ago.  I know...appalling, but I never owned the game as a kid.  Not that I minded.  Lets face it, I had horses to ride and mountains to explore.  I must say, its a fun game!

Lily was just gifted this treat of a game this past weekend as the "lets celebrate Lily all week" party began with the arrival of Grandpa Bob and Grandma Lynn.  We just love when Gma's and Gpa's come to visit and we get back to back visits this month.  Needless to say, Lily has been beside herself!

Our wonderful weekend with G and G Longmire started on Saturday with pizza and an afternoon at the Children's Museum.  Lily couldn't get to all of the areas fast enough.  Her favorite thing to do is paint and she and Gpa spent much of their time there.  Evie, Gma and I spent most of our time trying to keep Evie from getting run over by all the museum goers!  Let me tell you....its a job.  That little lady isn't afraid of anything!




After a few hours of play we all headed home for dinner and Lily's first of many Birthday cakes.  MMMMM.   I thoroughly enjoyed my piece and the remaining parts of Bob and Lily's pieces.  Talk about a sugar rush.  Lily was also gifted a fabulous dollhouse that Dad and Gpa built together.  So much fun.


Sunday morning brought Starbucks and a yummy breakfast at the local pancake house.  Unfortunately, Evie woke up with a fever, so our entire day was kind of shot making sure we took care of her.  That said we stayed home and enjoyed our time together.  Between playing in the dollhouse and making sugar cookies with frosting, we kept ourselves busy.


Grandmas and Grandpas are so special.  We are so very blessed to have many in our kid's lives.  The weekend was wonderful and we look forward to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment