Saturday, November 29, 2014

I'm Thankful for People

Happy Thanksgiving!  I say it every year, and yet I mean it.  I LOVE this time of the year.  There are so many reasons why I am especially nostalgic this year, but they will be saved for another blog.  I know its mysterious, but I am waiting for the right time to let everyone in.  

We were so blessed this year to have my brother and his family come out for the long weekend.  Memaw and Lily spent one morning in the tradition of pie making.  I missed it this year because I was busy running or picture taking....I can't remember which one.  I am so glad Lily is making these memories....it is so wonderful.


The pond on the property is frozen solid and the girls and their cousins had a blast trying to stay upright on the surface.  Maggie pulled the littles on the sled and then they all started sledding down the hill onto the ice.  Made me so happy to watch them.





Our thanksgiving started on Wednesday this week with a pre thanksgiving thanksgiving with Derek, Heather and much of our family.  We all couldn't work out being together on the same day, but we made the valiant effort to be together when we could.  

Chase, Beth and Elly got to come down for Thanksgiving Day from Wyoming and it was SO wonderful to see them.



These girls are so precious and it was so much fun to watch them play and snuggle with whichever Grandma or adult was available.



Thanksgiving night was truly a wonderful night.  We all started drinking and playing Demon (a super fun card game) and the giggles just became tummy hurting belly laughs.  We had such a good time.  We drank too much, stayed up too late and had a blast.  Oh the holiday season is so special and family so sweet!  This year I am grateful for people.  After all they are what make the memories.  Happy Thanksgiving All!



No comments:

Post a Comment