Monday, April 28, 2014

Arizona Vacation Part 2

Well after we spent our fun filled day at the zoo each additional day could be summed up in one word, BUSY.  The weather in sunny AZ was perfect and outside was simply delightful.  Katie was so cute with little Evie and took over the big sister role so that Lily could have a break.  As you can see, Miss Evie started getting stronger and stronger practicing all of her moves.






Since I was travelling alone with the girls, I decided against bringing my jogger so the week was a well deserved running break for me.  Since Matt is a conniseur of breakfasts, I had to do something to at least even out the calorie consumption so I headed back to my old gym Fitnessworks for my 3 favorite classes.  It was so much fun to be back with the old instructors and Stepping, Pumping and Attacking my way to fitness.  After our class one morning we got to spend some time with Cassie.  Gosh I miss this girl.  She is now an IRONMAN finisher and my idol.  It was so much fun to see her IRON room and dream of the day when I will reach that goal.  






Sunday brought with it a real treat when Lily, Evie and I got to head back to our old church Love of Christ Lutheran for worship.  We have such great memories in that place, what a treat to return.  Lily and Katie enjoyed dancing to the music and Evie and I got reconnected with our dear friend Erik and met his little lady Lyla.  I love how God orchestrates things.



It was so important to me that we spend some time with all of my Arizona family while we were down there.  Sunday afternoon was the perfect time and we spent several hours with Uncle Rob, Aunt Steph, Chelsea, Michael, Nathan, Charity, Lexi and Alayna.  I miss all of this family and the time together was wonderful. All of this family hadn't met Evie yet so they were able to snuggle her a bit!





Monday and Tuesday were a couple of my favorite days.  Monday the three of us girls spend most of the day with Charity and Lexi.  Evie loved Lexi's swing and Lily was content to watch movies, or swim when there weren't bugs around.  So wonderful to spend some time getting to know Charity again as a mom instead of just a cousin.  It was special.



Tuesday we sent Katie and Mason off to school and then headed over to spend the morning with Chelsea and Michael.  Another wonderful day.  Makes me miss Chelsea a lot.  Life has changed a lot for her since Curtis died.  I am honored to know her and to share even a little bit of life with her.  She is a special woman  for sure.

Into EVERYTHING by the end of the trip


Naked swimming is the BEST!

Our time in Arizona was simply fabulous and aside from missing Bob I didn't want it to end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment