Thursday, April 24, 2014

Arizona Vacation Part 1

So, um, now that Evie is crawling and into EVERYTHING, I have literally no time for blogging.  I have seriously wanted to tell everyone all about our Arizona adventure for a couple of weeks now and I just cannot sit in one place long enough to compile a thought let alone write it down and put a picture to it.  I have been rather cranky lately and it is directly linked to this new reality that I am in.  I cannot get anything done lately.  I know I will adjust, but man, Evie has taken flight with this mobility thing and wants to be in everything she shouldn't.

So as the little one is sawing zzzzzzs at present I can finally sit down and start the Arizona debrief....


What a wonderful and incredibly timely visit Arizona was for the 3 of us girls.  Getting packed and travelling out there was a little stressful, but once we arrived in the sunny desert, I was so excited.  Ahhh, a break.  Lily was simply elated upon arriving at Matt and Tara's house and finding Katie excited and ready to play.  The two of them were blossoming buds back in December and they picked up right where they left off.  Between princesses, dollhouses, books, Mickey Mouse and the pool, they fast became each others occupation.



FANTASTIC for us moms.  Even though the pool was still very chilly, Lily could not wait to dip her tootsies and self in it.  We ended up in the pool within 1 hour of arriving on the ground.  Lily is still not a completely independent swimmer, so Tara put a little inner tube around her.  Before I knew it Lily was jumping off everything including the waterfall and going down the slide.  The girls desperately wanted to sleep together that first night and after attempting the sleep over for an hour, it was clear sleep was not on the agenda.  I was a little nervous about Lily sleeping in my bed, but after one day, it was clear that so much fun lent itself to sound sleepers.  They were zonked every day!

Our first full day in Phoenix we went to the Zoo.  It was a wonderful excursion especially because my cousins Chelsea and Charity came with their little ones.  I was able to meet Lexi for the first time  and all of the little kids just couldn't get enough of the zoo fun.









Since Arizona spends much of its Summers in an oven state, the splash pads were already open and flowing for the toasty kids to run around in.  Lily was beside herself and could have stayed there all day.  





We saw animals, played on the playground, ran through the splash pads and even took a ride on the carousel.



The fellowship of all of us Mom's was wonderful and the morning was well spent.


After our zoo trip we headed to my favorite hamburger joint, In-n-Out.  Oh my heavens was it so good.  I thoroughly enjoyed my cheeseburger, fries and milkshake......so did Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment