Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Prayer for My Lily

Dear Jesus,

Thank you today for this little ray of bright sunshine in my life that I call Lily.  She is beautiful and so special.  I know that it is a good thing, but she is growing up so very fast.  She is quickly becoming a young girl, no longer a toddler.  How blessed I am that you gave her to me.


Lord, I pray for Lily right now as she is discovering the boundaries in her world.  Forgive me when I have been less than gracious.  Her heart is so sweet and her spirit so fun.  Please teach me how to teach her Lord.  Give me the patience to never give up on her even when she wants to argue about everything.  Help me always remember that You taught me and I am a stubborn woman.  She is like me, how could I extend her any less grace?  


She may frustrate me Lord, but you have made her perfectly equipped for the life and purpose ahead of her.  Help her grow strong and confident, a leader and rock for others.  Guard my actions and words that I may build her up and never tear her down.  Help me let go of things I cannot change and fight for the things I can.  Above all help me let her always be a kid.  A fun, crazy dressed, only eats chicken nuggets kid.  Everyone of us deserves a childhood.


Lord I pray that she would know You intimately and that she would let You lead her.   Please bring friends and people in her life who bring her near to You.  I pray that she would have compassion and a heart for others.  I pray that her friendships would be deep and lifelong.


Lord I pray for the men in her life.  I know, she is only 3.5, but one day she won't be.  Lord give her discernment and strength.  Guard her innocence.  Lord I pray that she would cling to the promises of all you have in store for her as long as she waits for You to write her love story.  I pray that she would have lots of guy friends;  the type of guy friends that would defend her, honor her and love her for the amazing, beautiful, smart girl she is.  The type of guy friends that bring her closer to You.  I also pray for my Lily's future husband.  Lord you know who he is and where he is.  Be his King Lord so that when he meets her, he will know how to love his Queen.  Please Father, guard her.


I pray also for my girls as sisters.  Lord I pray that they would be close.  Help me Lord to teach them how to be angry without sinning and to love each other above all.  Help me extend grace to them so that they know how to extend grace to each other.  Please let Lily grow to know how special her big sister role is.  She is who Evie looks up to.  Lord help her to be worthy of it.



More than anything Lord, I pray for abundant life for my Lily Bear.  She is so joyful and I know that this world will try to steal it from her.  Be her protector Lord and above all teach her to trust You.


She is my first baby Lord, a miracle in itself.  I am amazed and humbled by her and blessed to be her Mom.  Thank you Jesus for my little Lily Lu.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment