Monday, January 6, 2014

So it begins!

About 2 months ago, Bob and I made the choice to get Lily enrolled in school.  She is so smart and so READY.  The Lord brought us to the most amazing school and I couldn't wait for her to start!

Well, today was that day and by golly, she was ready and so excited.  After her usual morning wake up call, "Daddy its daytime!" was followed quickly by "I get to go to school!" She was simply too cute and was ecstatic as she picked her horsey outfit and packed her horsey backpack for her first day at school.


Although I knew without doubt that it was time for her to start, I half expected some tears and a little separation anxiety to happen.  NOPE.  Lily marched proudly into her little Baby Bears classroom while announcing to the teacher, "I'm Lily and I'm 3!"  Bob and I were so proud.




As I walked back out to the car I couldn't help but think we just let her take her next little step closer to the edge of the nest.  I know, she's only 3, but man she is getting big fast!  Her first day was a huge success and she cannot wait to go back.  What a big girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment