Saturday, January 11, 2014

7 Special Months

Our Little Evie Bee is 7 months today! It literally seems like yesterday I was blogging her 6 months.  Holy Moses. Look at this cutie.......she is becoming a little girl!



Oh is this little girl cute these days.  Her little personality is starting to bubble to the surface and every day just makes me smile.  She is so much fun.   I love that she lets me take copious amounts of photos of her.  Seeing her transform nearly everyday is such a blessing.   

Evie is rolling over with ease these days. It took her a while to really master the art, but she has it down now and loves to be on her tummy.  If I put her down on her back it is sometimes a matter of seconds before she gets herself over.  She explores and reaches for anything she can grab and many a time I have found her sucking away on a leg of some sort of furniture.  She doesn't really go very far, which is nice.  Her rolling is usually contained inside a 3 foot square area. 




Evie LOVES bath time, especially when it is done with her big sister Lily.  She and Lily will play and giggle in the tub for as long as Bob or I are willing to watch.  It is so precious.  Even when Lily gets a bit rambunctious and covers Evie with water she usually shakes it off, coughs a bit and gives a big smile.



The two have so much fun together.  I am really amazed at how much Evie loves watching Lily.  I will be working on dinner in the kitchen and hear just incessant giggling.  Lily will be on her tummy in front of Evie fake laughing and Evie just thinks it is the cats meow.  She giggles right along like Lily is the funniest thing ever.  I work hard to eek out those kind of giggles and Lily can get them just by being silly.  Amazing.  I love that she takes such pride in her sister.

Evie is very laid back overall.  This past month we got to go to Kennleigh and MyKenna's dance recital as well as down to CO Springs for a wedding.  Evie did great and is content to just go wherever she is put.  She loves to be held and shown the world from up above where she usually sees.  Everything is headed towards her mouth these days and her tongue spends only a few minutes per day inside her mouth.



Eating has become her new favorite hobby and she has got an amazing palette.  She adores vegetables. We are talking spinach and kale are her favorites.  Squash, peas, green beans and carrots follow close behind.  She is fairly indifferent to fruits and would prefer the veggies.  I'm thrilled.  Perhaps we might have a salad eater in the making!





You can see through these pictures, Evie's joy is practically tangible.  Even when teething, she has such a happy heart.  Her smiles are infectious and all I want to do is to pick her up and squeeze her, ALL DAY LONG!  Since Lily started school 2 days a week, Evie Bee and I have had some special Mother Daughter time.  I love her so very much and thank Jesus every day that I am her Mommy.


She's special!  Happy 7 months little princess!



No comments:

Post a Comment