Saturday, November 23, 2013

Rainbows in the Grey

I am simply amazed with how the Lord brings people into our lives at just the right time.  I have decided to start my own photography business and met a wonderful photographer in our Supper Group through church.  She is unbelievable and has opened up her business and knowledge to mentor me.  What a blessing.  One of our meetings we decided to do a photo shoot using my girlies as subjects.

 


We picked the perfect day and headed down to Downtown Littleton for the afternoon.  I have never shot in an urban setting and it was so much fun to see how Tara finds just the right picturesque spots.  I just love the creative outlet that photography gives me.


The girls were as well behaved as I could have expected, even if I did have to bribe Lily with 10 M&Ms. 

We had so much fun capturing a few precious childhood moments.  Lily was so busy and while it normally would have been somewhat stressful for me, it was really powerful to see how Tara caught the craziness.  Photography lesson learned.....let kids be kids.



Towards the middle of the session, Lily started getting antsy and ready to be done, so Tara whipped out her rainbow umbrella.  Let me tell you, IT WAS A HIT!  I didn't even plan to match the girl with the umbrella, but it worked perfectly!  Lily loved carrying it around and some of my favorite pictures are the ones I got once she started playing with her rainbow.  Maybe it was the color contrast against the grey of fall, but they were perfect!


Spending a day capturing my girls made for an extra special day.  This time in their life is fleeting and I just love stopping the moments and making more memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment