Monday, November 11, 2013

A Wonderful 5

Evie is 5 months today!  Oh Baby, BABY is she growing.  There are days when I see her little smiling face and I just want to pause in the moment and suck in all of the preciousness that is Evie Frances.  There are moments where I just wish for one minute that Grandma Fran could give her a snuggle and see how beautiful her little namesake is.


Evie is taking her time on the rolling over front.  She is not in a hurry, much like her sister.  She can roll from her tummy to her back and from her back to her tummy, but not consistently and she hasn't discovered that she can actually get places by rolling.  The time will come I know and for now I am just having a blast capturing her many faces while she spends her days in her tummy time pose.




Nearly all of her baby hair is gone and she now has this wonderful fuzz that is growing in to replace it.  I love it and can't wait to see what color it will be.  We are all thinking it is going to be light, but it just might have a bit of auburn in it.  I am really hoping for curls, but we will see.




Evie is all things happy these days and her smiles are endless.  When she is not smiling and making friends we can eek some big giggles out of her especially by blowing raspberries.  She thinks those are the cats meow.  She is really starting to find her voice and spends much of her days squealing, squawking and talking.  Lily delights her to no end right now and whenever her big sister comes near Evie's joy is apparent in her face.  Her legs and arms start going and this big smile pops out.  It's precious and simply more than I could hope for.  I am excited to see their friendship and sisterhood 
emerge.







We have officially begun a scheduled nap time and although some days are a bust, Evie is slowly figuring out how wonderful it is to have a dedicated 2-3 hours to nap.  There is just so much of the world to see and cat naps hardly let her little mind recover.  She is still not a pacifier kid and is working on finding her fingers and thumb.  At present I am the only thing that will pacify her well and when she wants to sleep, she needs Mom.  



We finally found a bottle that she will take, under duress, in a desperate situation, after she has screamed herself silly for a while.  I am grateful because I can now have a far less stressful date night.  My heart still hurts thinking about her screaming it out, but I always make up for it by coming home and nursing her.  It makes me feel better even though she sleep nurses.



In one more month we will start solid foods and while I am excited for her, I am sad for me.  No I don't want her to stay a baby forever, but I am becoming more and more aware of the reality that she too is growing up and away.  I love this little girl so much.


I have loved these first 5 months, yes even the hard times, and look forward to the next 5.  I do hope that maybe they will go by just a tad slower.



1 comment: