Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hear Ye, Hear Ye

......a grand ole time we had!


This past weekend, Bob and I took our little family to the Colorado Renaissance Festival.  I grew up going there every year and I simply could not wait to take Lily.  She is still a bit young to really enjoy everything about it, but we had a great time!

Bob and I talked it up all week and by the time we got in the car, Lily was ecstatic!  She kept on telling us, "I'm so excited!"  We promised that she would see Kings and Queens and horses! I was only too happy that I was able to deliver on all accounts.

Upon arriving through the gates we headed to a little shop to get Miss Lily all princessed out!  She picked the brightest purple dress she could find and simply could not wait to get it on.  What a pretty little lady.



Once all dressed up, we started our grand tour.  I love seeing all of the costumes that people don.  It is seriously like a society and some of the attendants go all out, even to the point of accents and a whole new language!


We happened upon the Royal pavilion and the King and Queen were there to meet everyone.  Lily walked right up and introduced her little self.  The Queen was so precious with her and later when we saw her in the parade she saw Lily and actually took a moment to say hi to her.  I'm not sure who was more excited, me or Lily!




After checking out a few of the rides and attractions we had ourselves a good old fashioned hot dog and then decided we had better head home.  We knew it was time when the little princess curled up in her Daddy's shoulder.  We can see the Joust "to the death" next year.......



Lily loved the Renaissance Festival and wanted to wear her princess dress all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment