Thursday, August 22, 2013

Big Sis, Lil Sis

I simply love these girls, there is just no doubt.


Yeah, it has its very stressful moments and it is exhausting on most days, but I just adore these little ladies that share my face.  Its special.

The Big Sister is up to much these days.  The pictures below capture my days just perfectly.  Each day is a constant attempt to catch a moving target.  She is precocious, busy, and in constant motion.  She is officially in big girl underpants.  She woke up one day and decided it was time so we hit the potty training thing with a vengeance.  While we had a few little accidents, the pooping thing was the hardest.  This Monday Lily pooped in her pants 4 times.  Oh my.  On the fourth time I asked her, "Lily, why are you pooping in your pants?" and she replied, "Because I want to!" Yes, little Lily Grace is a strong willed lady.  She just won't do what she doesn't want to do.  




Since Evie arrived on the scene, Lily and her Daddy have become best friends.  Bob goes in every morning when she wakes up and now I always know when she is awake because she is calling, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!"  She has taken to hiding under her covers so that Bob can find her and give her early morning tickles and throws.  


She has had some hard times realizing that little Evie is in fact staying around, but is still a wonderful little girl, full of life and hope.  You can't help but love her!

The Little Sister is growing and smiling like crazy these days.  Evie is just delightful and she loves to sing with me.  She coos and sings and it makes my heart just melt and I can't help but giggle.  These little tiny creatures are just simply so precious.  She is an AMAZING night sleeper.  It is so different from her big sister.  Night times are just simply a breeze and I go to bed confident that I am going to get 5-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  Its wonderful.




I love her little facial expressions and her eyes are still so blue.  Each Thursday it is just Evie and me and we have so much fun just being still and loving each other.  I am so excited to watch her grow and see the little girl that she becomes.


I am so thankful that the Lord gave me the Big and Lil lady.  It makes my heart happy to know that they will always be sisters and friends.  I have been blessed, some of the Biggest and greatest things come in the Littlest packages.

1 comment: