Friday, March 15, 2013

1st is Great, 2nd is Better, but 3rd is the BEST!

Oh we have reached that milestone!  The 3rd trimester has arrived, oh its here, and it makes me absolutely want to jump for joy.  Of course, in true "this pregnancy" fashion, I woke up over the toilet.  I am sure you are all sick of hearing it, but, well, its my life right now.  This second baby has been HARD, so very hard.

I, as well as a host of other women, continue to remind me that once little Evie is in my arms it will all be worth it.  I know that, but boy, it is so challenging right now.  Praise the LORD he has given us the ability to forget.  I am anxious to forget much about this pregnancy.  I must say that amidst the bloating, muscle discomfort, burning hip pain, nausea and my "glow," I am so blessed that Evie Frances is an active little lady.  She moves constantly and seems to kick and squirm all day long.  She especially favors the early morning and late evening, which of course wreaks havoc on my sleep.  It's okay, every movement reminds me of how miraculous she is and how good God is.

I have been learning much these days about mission, purpose and identity.  Motherhood is one of those things that is an unprecedented blessing and joy.  It is also the most difficult, frustrating, discouraging, frightening, uncertain and sometimes lonely career path any woman could choose.  It is day in, day out, constant work that you don't get paid for, except in kisses and hugs.


Now I am not belittling that kind of payment, it is wonderful and so rewarding, but in this world where everything "costs," not having a monetary income can quickly steal my joy and purpose.  Especially when things are tight, and we are living on one income.  Remembering that mothering these little ones is truly the most important work I could be doing is hard and so many times it is overshadowed by the flood of bills and "responsibilities" that seem to be never ending and ever increasing.  I have had to really evaluate the place money has in my life and to stay focused on what truly matters, the hearts of my little girls.

It is exciting today to be hit with the realization that Evie will be here in less than 3 months.  Our little family of 3 will grow one more.  Life will change......again, motherhood will become ever more constant, but my mission and purpose will remain.  Loving, growing and readying these precious little girls for a life with Christ.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're in the last stretch! Woohoo! You totally got this!

    ReplyDelete