Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Enduring and Laughing

I've said it once and I will say it again, pregnancy removes all forms of dignity.  It just does, at least the way that I do pregnancy.  When I was pregnant with Lily I hid nothing.  Why should I?  Sugar coating what I am going through doesn't make me feel any better and frankly, I would rather be real.  Really real.

Monday was one of those days that was just so awfully miserable that now all I can do is sit and laugh. Oh and blog about it.  After you hear about my day, you might be wondering, "Why Bethany? Why would you share all of that, its embarassing!"  Yep, it is.  Yep it really happened and Yep, its all part of the miracle of my pregnancy.

Monday started off like any other day, over the toilet.  I don't know what it is, but there is no matter of crackers etc. that keeps me from having to throw up right when I wake up.  I have accepted the inevitable and just decided to chug some water in the AM.  That way the experience isn't miserable, just   well, who am I kidding, its still miserable, but at least it is over quickly.

So I finished that, had some breakfast, took Lily to the doctor and by noon I was HUNGRY and nauseous.  This whole pregnancy I have been craving good chips and salsa.  I have resisted for the most part out of sheer terror of what that will taste like coming back up.  I succumbed on Monday and had chips and salsa.  I was like a kid in a candy shop, just couldn't stop eating it.  Well I am sure you can see where this is going.  Within an hour of completing my Mexi-binge, I was over the toilet.  I was right.........not so great coming back up.  So, there went lunch.

Dinner time rolled around and I made stuffed peppers, one of my favorites BM (before Monday).  I was so hungry and feeling so lousy because I had sacrificed my lunch, that of course, I enjoyed a nice size helping of dinner topped off with a few gummy bears.  This is when it got epic.  I got so sick that not only did I throw up everything possible over the span of 30 minutes, but I threw up so hard that I wet myself.  There, I said it.  Embarrassing.  I popped tiny blood vessels in my face around my eyes and peed so hard that it went through 2 layers of clothes and left a tiny puddle on the floor.  Ah, pregnancy rocks (said with so much sarcasm its dripping with it).  It was simply a horrible day and horrible night.  Bob came in to the room with this sympathetic look on his face.  He sat down on the bed with me and held me while we both broke into a fit of laughter.  Seriously, did that just happen?  Oh yes, it did.

2 comments:

  1. I love you and your honesty! Yes Monday sucked, but now you can look back and laugh about it and one day tell that baby in there of all the trouble he caused you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aunt linda+the"4-footed gang"January 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM

    Oh, Beth...only u could say this..+I laughed so hard I did the same(minus the purple on the floor)...luv ya

    ReplyDelete