Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Very Special Day

I just love my family.  I have said it before, but there are moments almost daily where I am reminded of just how utterly blessed me, Bob and Lily are.  It truly is wonderful.

My Aunt Jayne called me and asked if she could take Lily to the mall for a special Christmas treat.  So this Tuesday I gladly sent the munchkin with her Great Aunt and took some much loved Mommy alone time.

Jayne really went all out taking her to the mall to build her very first Build-A-Bear.  I have several videos of her in the shop and I just am simply amazed at how much fun she had.  Lily made her very first bear, meet Sparkles.


Apparently Lily picked out all of the clothes and helped the lady put Sparkles heart inside, give her a bath and then get her dressed.  Sparkles ears light up and she truly is a special creature to Miss Lily.

After her Build-A-Bear experience, Aunt Jayne took Lily for a ride on the carousel horses/carts and then to the BIG event!  Lily met Santa for the first time!  How precious is that?



You can tell she was fairly indifferent to the big guy, but she didn't cry and apparently had a roaring conversations with Good Ole Saint Nick.

The afternoon finished with chicken nuggets and french fries.  What could be better?


By the time I got Lily all that she could talk about was Aunt Jayne this and Aunt Jayne that.  It made me smile so very big.  There is just something so powerfully special when other people love on your child.

Merry Christmas Lily, you've got lots of people that love you dearie!

1 comment:

  1. I really need to get up(or u could come here)+ c u guys...Lily would get her fill of kitties here...when Chelsea was that age, she cried @the site of Santa....

    ReplyDelete