Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I feel like Dory

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."  Unfortunately I do not have Dory's positive outlook at present, but her mantra runs through my head all day.  Oh I am just so sick with this baby.  It's overwhelming and I am only 9 weeks. Oy.


Pictures and blogs have been literally the last thing on my list these days.  So sorry faithful followers.  Frankly every day is exhausting and a trial of will power.  Have you ever seen the commercial about depression where each frame says something like "sunshine hurts, wishes hurt, fun hurts?"  I never, ever thought I would liken this part of pregnancy to depression, but this time, it is simply the only correlation I can make.  Everything is harder when you feel wretched all. day. long.  Boy its rough.

Lily has really been a trooper through it all.  The poor dear still does not handle me vomiting very well at all, but she is learning that Mommy is just sick and that there is a baby in my tummy.   We try to run 3-4 times a week.  No, if you are wondering, its not fun, but I am determined to stay running and praying that by the time I feel good again I will still be running.  Some days it is all that I can do to get out.

We are anxiously looking forward to Thanksgiving next week because our dear friends Grace, Sebron and Jancsi will be coming out for the week.  I am just thrilled to know that I will have my running partner and pregnant friend in person again.  Oh I am looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. There are no words to describe the excitement around here about coming your way. I just hope we don't overwhelm you and make you feel worse. Hopefully you can relax and get a nap in.

    ReplyDelete