Friday, November 9, 2012

Hope in Tiny Packages

"For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God!" Psalm 86:10


God has once again done what several doctors considered impossible.  We are pregnant again!  The Lord has seen us fit to parent another precious life and surprised us with Baby Longmire #2.  Many have asked me if we were "trying" this time.  Honestly no.  Bob and I had decided that one blessing was okay with us, considering the fact that us conceiving naturally was such an "impossibility."  That being said, we weren't about to limit God, so after Lily was born, lets just say we weren't preventing it.  Bob and I have always wanted to either have kids close together or only have one.  That is just how we feel about our family.  So we decided that once Lily hit the 4-5 year mark we would call it quits and be a happy family of 3.  Both of us really never thought we would get pregnant again and were very okay with it.  God knows, we don't!  When I discovered I was late and woke up feeling horrible, I thought, "no way."  A few days later I took a test, well 2, and yep pregnant!  It wasn't that it was a surprise, it was just so unexpected.  Bob and I were overwhelmed and somewhat dumbfounded.  I had a good mind to write to those 2 fertility doctors and show them our miracles.  Truly amazing!

I must admit that having another baby is new territory, especially for me, an only child.  I have had moments of wondering, "Really God, can we parent 2?  Lily is so precious and so amazing it seems selfish to think you might have another baby for us.  Plus, how do you love them both equally?" I know, the Lord will walk us through it.

Unfortunately, I am not going to dodge the vomiting/horrible morning sickness this time.  In fact, I feel like it is worse this time.  Bob took this picture of me in Vegas.



Yeah, on the floor soaking up the cool tile after being sick.  Awesome!  With Lily I held off vomiting until 9 weeks.  This time, 4 days after I took the test I woke up with the toilet.  It is amazing how the Lord lets us forget.  I cannot believe I was ever this sick.  The hardest part?  I now have toddler who does not consider sitting on the couch all day fun.  Throw up and move on is what my new motto is.

This baby to me is hope.  Our world has its issues, its sinful and in desperate need of a Savior, but little miracles like this tiny baby give me hope for the future.  Bob and I are blessed to be able to take part in raising a generation that fears the Lord, loves others, demonstrates compassion, seeks peace and stands up against injustice.  We have been blessed.

May we live up to the calling!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Sorry about the whole sick thing! Proud of you for posting the "sick picture." What a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heart goes out to you with that picture! I love you so and this little one is truly a miracle.

    ReplyDelete