Sunday, January 29, 2012

Feddy's Gift


Grandma Feddy gave Lily a special gift back in November for her birthday. It is such a gorgeous piece and I instantly hung it on the wall without remembering to share how precious and special it was and is. It is a beautifully detailed cross stitch alphabet. So much time, so much work, so much love went into it and I don't want to overlook the amazing heart of this gift.



One thing I know for sure is that my Momma is a gift lady. She absolutely adores giving to someone and watching their joy as they open and reveal the present. She has been this way from as far back as I can remember and it has taken me a while to really see the tremendous blessing that she is. My Mom loves to give. Whether that is time, energy, money, gifts, conversation, or talent. Some might see it as an inability to say no, but I see it as something entirely different. I see it more as a complete and utter outpouring of love, unfettered, unashamed and unstoppable. Sure, that giving spirit has, on more than one occasion gotten her committed to far too many things and stretched her very thin, but that never seems to stop or slow her down.


Mom is always the first to help and the last to clean up. If you want something done, ask Mom. If you need a position filled or an extra salad brought, Mom is your lady. Need a shoulder to cry on? Mom's is pretty great. She is strong, unwavering, confident and yet somehow vulnerable even in the midst. She herself is a gift.. She gives from a tender place in her heart. A place of compassion, care and maybe even a small emptiness that only giving to others can fill. Perhaps its a Divine calling or perhaps its just a small reflection of the Lord Jesus pouring out in her life. Either way her tangible "gift love" has blessed me over and over again and is now simply overflowing on Lily Grace.

This beautiful keepsake is only a small part of all that she lavishes on Lily and yet it is my favorite. A true treasure given out of a Grandma's love.


Thanks Feddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment