Saturday, January 21, 2012

Guaco Hair


Lily and her "gzhee, gzhee"

Getting back into the swing of life has been challenging. My MILA business is booming and we have a promotion going on right now, so all of my “free” time seems to be centered around talking about MILA! I am determined to have a successful business and love watching the growth happen.


Yes, Lily discovered this fun "fort" all by herself.

It has been kind of a rough week with Bob's company having to go through some more layoffs and reorganization. Although Bob is still very much employed, it feels unnerving and I find myself really being tested in the “Do you REALLY trust the Lord?” department. Running has been my one avenue of stress relief, and I have a bum knee. Every run that I have done in the past two weeks (3) has been painful. Its frustrating and discouraging especially because running brings me such joy and self confidence. The knee problem is purely overuse and the fact that I made it carry me for nearly 30 miles a couple of weeks ago. Really, its to be expected. As Bob would say, “We aren't so young anymore.” I refuse to believe that 29 is old, but its definitely different than 18 in many ways.



Yes, Lily was brushing her hair with the spaghetti spoon

Lily has been doing great, but the poor dear has been cutting teeth like crazy. Her nose is literally running off of her face and there is a general existence of “Mommy I don't feel well.” She is super attached to me right now even at the extent of her Daddy. I don't take it for granted and love every minute.


Cookies make everything better!


She has been waking up around 5:45 these days, so I just get her and bring her into bed with us. She snuggles up on top of my chest and sleeps for another hour or so. It is so special. She is walking more and more these days, just not without some sort of support system. We have also learned more animal sounds to now include a kitty- “Mow” a doggie- “MM, MM” a cow- “ooooo” a monkey- “ah, ah, ah” and a duck- “ca, ca.” She is just adorable to listen to!

She has rediscovered avocados and LOVES them. The other night I gave her some avocados and within 3 minutes she had managed to get them everywhere.



Once they had covered her shirt, she decided that avocados made for excellent hair styling. I know I should have stopped her and forgone this mess, but it was just so cute. If you can't get this messy while your a baby, when can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment