Friday, February 3, 2012

Making the Connection

We have been up to much these days. There seems to be an endless supply of life that keeps us always on our toes.


Couldn't resist taking this picture. Look at how cute she is with those bloomers sticking out.

Lily is SMART. Holy Guacamole is she smart. She is putting things together right and left and unfortunately getting into plenty of mischief while doing so. Boundaries are so frustrating for her right now. Every time I tell her, "no don't touch that," or "no, don't pull the DVD's out," or "no, we don't stand on that," I get this absolutely frustrated look that screams (sometimes literally), "but Mom, I can actually DO all of those things, why won't you let me?" I think the hardest lesson for her to grasp right now is that just because we are capable, doesn't mean we should do it. Impulse control is going to be a hard lesson to learn. Oh dear. The other night she crossed the DVD shelf line again and got not only a spanking, but got put in her crib, in her dark room for 5 minutes all of which she spent screaming in anger. Meanwhile I sat in the kitchen thinking, "Honey, why does this have to be so hard?" This week has served to show me how invaluable an intentional parent is. It may be harder, but it is certainly invaluable.

Lily is into climbing on everything these days. I have had so much fun watching her explore and figure out how to get up, on and over things. She is really loving Rocky right now. When she isn't banging and patting him, or giggling uncontrollably at him she just loves to climb on him.


I discovered her like this the other night, completely unbeknownst to me she had successfully straddled the lounging doggy. Good boy Rocky. For all of his troubles, he does great with the babies.


When not crawling over him she plays "ghost baby."



We love watching her because she puts her blanket over her head and then crawls literally into everything including walls, chairs, doors and Mr. Rocky. She giggles and giggles while she crawls around blind. It really is funny to watch her entertain herself.

She is making "connections" all over the place. The other day I came into our bedroom to find her putting on my Vibram's. They may look funny to others, but, by golly, Lily knows exactly where they go and what they are used for.



I had to put them on my feet so we went and got the new shoes that Feddy gave her to wear. Such a lady, sitting cross-legged on her way to go running.



I have decided that baby shoes are a nightmare, especially when you take them out into the world on the little one's feet. Why you ask? Well because Lily could care less whether or not the shoes make it home and it is awfully fun to kick them off while I am running. I have nearly lost 3 shoes this way and have managed to get in extra miles going back to find them. Note to self: When it comes to running, leave the shoes at home. There are far too many miles of greenways to have to re-run in order to find the missing shoes.

Mommy made the "connection" on that one. Only had to run 5 extra miles to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment