Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Life in Community

"People who need people are the luckiest people in the world"- from Funny Girl

That quote was infamously sung by the talented Barbara Striessand. It is kind of cheesy and for those of you who grew up with Barbara I am sure that you broke out in song right after you read that first line! There is a nugget of truth in that little saying and I am discovering just how profound Miss Barbara was when she sang those lyrics. People who need people really are the luckiest. Community, Fellowship, Relationship, really is at the heart of everyone and finding those people to share your life with is a treasure valued far above jewels. I know that this has been true of my life. Since Bob and I got married we have moved several times and have lived in 3 different states. In every one of those locales we have met some of the most amazing people. Many have come and gone, stopping only briefly into our lives, and others have become part of our extended family. Its odd how the Lord takes people in and out of our life. At times I find it sad, and other times I find it just simply a blessing. Every person that we have met has mattered, has influenced, has changed us in some way or another.

Community is just so important and we are discovering this even more now that we have added Mom and Dad to our resumes. North Carolina has brought with it wonderful community especially with MOPS. There is something so special about connecting with other moms for a couple of hours every other week. It really is special to just do Mommyhood together.


I have had the great privilege of being a table leader this year and I will truly admit that I have been the one abundantly blessed by these women. From the left: Courtney, Holly, Kristin, me, Jolene and Eleanor. I cannot wait until we come back next semester!

Bob and I have also gotten connected with a LifeGroup through our Church.


We meet together every Tuesday evening for a time of prayer, fellowship and strengthening our marriage. We may all come from different walks of life, but on Tuesdays we all come together as the body of Christ. It is simply lovely.


Carol and Ron


Sadie and Tron


Bob and Laura and Greg and Betsy aren't pictured.

Life lived without community is really very empty. We are blessed to know people and we consider ourselves very lucky indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment