Thursday, October 6, 2011

11 Months, 1 More to 1!



I am sitting here today working on Lily's Birthday invites and find myself amazed that she is 11 months. I almost forgot to write her blog! I have been faithful to get the monthly blogs up right on the 6th of each month since her birthday, but I am not going to lie, it almost passed this month.


The Fall brings so much life and things to do. My MILA business is taking off and I find myself immersed in sharing MILA with everyone. MOPS has begun and I am a table leader this year so busy planning table play dates and moms night out. The Holidays are coming and bringing with them family visits and vacation. Top it all off, Miss Lily Grace is becoming a full blown toddler, attitude, squirmyness and all. WOW is she busy!

The other night I had a table leader meeting and I had to take her with me. Usually I can take her, put her in a high chair, give her a graham cracker and let her entertain herself. Boy was I wrong. She wanted to be in, over, around, inside, above, beyond, by and under EVERYTHING. Sitting still was not on her radar and I found myself understanding why Mom's don't take their little ones if they have to do anything that requires concentration, discussion and brain power. I was SO distracted! When she wasn't everywhere she desperately wanted to pull my earrings out of my ears and scream when Mom told her "No, ma'am, we don't pull Mommy's earrings." OOOOO, she has a temper. I love that she is strong. I just pray that I can mold her strength and determination into a warrior for Christ.


She has decided that napping is okay, but that she really likes to complain about it. She has figured out how to stand up in her crib, but has not mastered the ability to sit down. So, when she doesn't want to sleep she stands up and screams. Oh Dear! The other day I came into her room to find her peering over the side of her crib and crying. I walked up to her and she looked at me with this sad miserable face and then looked back down over the crib. I picked her little self up and discovered that she had gotten her pacifier off of her shirt and had dropped it on the floor! She was just beside herself struggling with how she was going to get to sleep without her beloved paci. Mommy rescued the paci and reattached the treasure. Nap time was saved!

Lily has taken her laundry helping skills and transported them into the kitchen where she now helps me wash the dishes in the dishwasher.


She loves to push the drawer in and out. Especially when it has plates in it because it rattles! So fun! She has got the unloading thing down pat, but she is really not sure she understands why things keep going in there? Silly Mommy, clean spoons go on the floor!




She is such a helper, whether its shopping, laundry or dishes.


This month also brought with it new experiences, like the backpack!



The Jessups let us borrow the neat little contraption and Lily got to ride on her Daddy's back all around Kitty Hawk. She wasn't completely thrilled, but she was a trooper. She also got to show Grandpa Kemo around her new house.


Our precious little girl is such a sweet little lady. Our love for her grows exponentially everyday that we wake up to her sweet little face. Happy 11 months Lily Grace, can't wait to celebrate your birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment