Thursday, June 16, 2011

Auntie Jayne Comes to Town


We had a special treat this past weekend, Aunt Jayne came to town! It is always wonderful to see grandparents, but it was extra special to be able to spend a couple of days with my sweet Aunt. Jayne was over in North Carolina for a massage class (Side Note: for those of you who live in Colorado and are not seeing Jayne on a regular basis, you are missing out on the most incredible massage therapy in the state. Run don't walk to her office!) and we got the benefit of her staying with us. Grandma Feddy was initially going to come as well but then at the last minute wasn't able to. We were all a bit bummed, but then I told Jayne that at least she wouldn't have to fight Grandma off for Lily time. She agreed wholeheartedly and got to have Miss Lily all to herself.


We dropped Jayne off at her class up in Durham on Saturday and headed out for our running routine. After the half marathon I have found myself in somewhat of a running slump. I have to admit that I am kind of bored with running. Actually I think that it has far more to do with the fact that it has been hot, humid and miserable here which makes running kind of dreadful. Anyways, we got out there and went our 6 sweaty miles. Lily was so cute either talking up a storm or sucking her big toes (yes, she has discovered that she can do that!). Later that night Lily and I worked on dinner while Bob headed out to get Jayne from her class. Lily does a great job entertaining herself, but sometimes she gets bored with the same locations ie. High chair or living room floor. So I put her in the kitchen right by Rocky and she quickly discovered my purse!



It was like Mary Poppins' bag, just an endless supply of random things to play with, chew on, pound on or talk to. I know, I know all of you moms out there are looking at my kitchen floor with disgust, but if it makes it any better I did thoroughly bathe her later.

Once Jayne walked in my responsibility of the baby quickly transferred to her and she got to head to the bathtub for baby scrub down time. Before that she sat down with the baby and started doing the “Forehead knocker, eye winker, tommy tinker.......” rhyme, song, thingy.


Bob looked over at her and says “Bethany does that, did she teach that to you.” Jayne had a great laugh because, No Honey, I didn't teach that silly thing to her. Actually that is like an antique baby rhyme, song thingy that was probably around before my Mom or Aunt Jayne. Nuts to the teacup song we are bringin' back the oldies! Jayne then ushered her into the bathtub and enjoyed scrubbing down the little dear. It is just so much fun to snuggle a wet, fresh smelling baby! Auntie Jayne got her all lotioned (massage included) and dressed in her PJ's.




The next morning we were all up bright and early with our baby alarm clock (she started scream singing at 5:30 or so..........awesome). Jayne fed the hungry little bird while Bob and I got ourselves ready for church.


It was a great day even though we were all over the place, Jayne at class, Bob on the golf course, me with the baby. Later that evening we picked Jayne up and headed over to PF Changs with Uncle Sherman.


What a wonderful time to reconnect the cousins (Jayne and Sherman) and enjoy celebrating family. Lily is approaching the “don't take her anywhere nice phase,” especially now that she screams and screams often. All dinner Bob and I dealt with a wiggly, screaming worm while trying to have good conversation and not get kicked out of the restaurant on bad behavior. Let me tell you, I was sweating by the end of the evening.

Monday was truly a special day. Bob had to go to work, but Jayne, Lily and I got to spend the entire day together.




Jayne is an awesome listener and beautiful woman of God. We started our day with a walk around Lake Johnson and then we headed down to Greenville for a chance to catch up with the family down there. Aunt Bev made us all chicken kabobs and rice and we enjoyed catching up. Jayne got to see her cousins Sandy and Josh and we all had a wonderful evening.





The weekend was special but short. Tuesday we had go to the airport and say good bye to dear Great Auntie Jayne! Thanks for coming to visit us and we miss you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment