Monday, June 6, 2011

7 Months and a TOOTH!


I am excited to say that this will be my 100th post and that it gets to be a celebration of 7 months and the fact that a tooth bud was just discovered in little Lily's mouth! I still cannot believe it!

The past few days we have been in Chicago celebrating another family wedding and catching up with a bunch of old faces. I promise to share more about our trip later, but now is a time to celebrate more milestones in the little one's life. Yesterday, Bob and I both noticed that Lily was more agitated than normal and just plain fussy. She has had a runny nose for a while and with the travelling and new places we both chalked the behavior up to a little baby mutiny. It wasn't until last night that I thought about sticking my finger along her gums and......wouldn't you know it, her lower gum wasn't smooth anymore.



I was so excited and I just about cried. We were over at Aunt Laura and Uncle Daniel's apartment eating Giordano's Pizza (best pizza ever, no joke) when the discovery was made and I just couldn't stop smiling.


What a great way to mark her 7 month milestone.

I know that all parents say it, but I feel like she changes daily. Matter of fact, we left her with Grandma and Grandpa Longmire for Saturday and on Sunday I feel like we had a different kid. She is so much fun right now and is just so stinkin' cute. We are astounded at how active and mobile she is getting.



She rolls all across the floor and when not rolling is kicking her feet (we call her Thumper) screaming (more on this in a minute) talking cute baby ga ga goo goos, blowing bubbles and raspberries (thanks Grandma Feddy) scratching anything with a texture (including my throat), smiling and giggling, jumping in her bouncer, finding her paci or her most favorite pastime ever.....EATING!

She just loves eating anything and everything. The verdict on avocados is still out, but we are working on liking them and she is slowly catching on. I love making all of her baby food and so far she hasn't complained about eating it. She is still nursing, but I think it is far more about comfort than really wanting it. After all, who would wan't to stay on a milk diet when pears, apples, yogurt, green beans, carrots and ICE CREAM are available. I certainly wouldn't!


Okay, the screaming thing. At first we were loving the high pitched sounds because we knew it was a new discovery in her little life. Unfortunately, she has now started to institute this new found ability to declare herself when she is mad, tired, frustrated etc. She is 7 months and already we are having a slight battle of wills regarding this discovery. I am learning that there is a fine line between playing and baby anger as well as how CRITICAL being consistent is. She screams, I "NO, NO", she screams, I "NO NO", and this goes on for a while. Then 2 hours later, we do it again.



Lily is doing a fantastic job sleeping and I am so proud of her. Her bed time is still at 8 sharp and she usually makes it to 5 or 6 am. Once I nurse her I can usually get her to go back to sleep until 7:30 or so. Way to go Lily! I remember thinking this day would never come and here it is!


The time with her just flies by and I am SO BLESSED to be able to witness it 24/7. Being a stay at home mom is the best and I relish every moment with her. Happy 7 months little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment