Wednesday, June 15, 2011

4AM

Lily has been teething like crazy so our night times have become hit or miss sleep wise. She has been handling the teeth coming in with minimal drama and her fussiness has really been tame. Its hard though to be back to the up 2 or 3 times during the nights, but at least she is not in screaming pain.

Well this morning she woke up at 1 and then again at 4AM. As I pulled myself over to her bedroom at 4 I realized that aside from exhaustion I was feeling annoyed. When I got to her room and scooped her up out of her crib, her crying instantly subsided and she laid her little head on my shoulder. We went over to the rocking chair and I put her to my breast. I was hit with this realization of how utterly precious this moment was. To have her lying in my arms, holding onto my shirt and finding comfort at my breast was an experience that would have been so easy to miss being focused on the hour of the morning or the fact that she was not sleeping through the night. The annoyance that I felt melted into complete and utter contentment at being able to spend this precious time with my baby. To know that I am her whole world right now, her security, her hope, her trust and her joy. It really brought to light the relationship that we have with the Lord. When He looks at us and calls us his children He thinks of us the way I thought of Lily this morning. The difference is that His love is complete and is never annoyed, or frustrated. No, His love is perfect all of the time. Lately Lily has been growing and changing exponentially and the moments of her young life fly away. There is a small part of me that wants to keep her this little and snuggly for at least 5 more years, then she can grow up. I know, not possible, but my prayer is that when she wakes me up again at 4AM I will wish the time could go a little slower while I am loving my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment