Monday, June 28, 2010

The US Open

First of all. Bob and I have been up in Rocky's business lately trying to pull everything that Lily will pull in order to get him prepared for nannyhood. This is the latest bit of humiliation. He is just such a good sport!


For Bob's first Fathers Day, he got to spend the weekend with his Dad at the US Open in Monterrey Bay California. Matt and his dad went as well and they all spent three days on the beautiful beach watching the pros play golf. Not too shabby! They followed the infamous Phil Mickelson and Ryo Ishikawa who was dubbed the "Pepto Ninja" because he wore all pink one day and is Japanese. For those of you who are interested, I was not there and am very glad because Bob said that they walked about 8 miles a day around that course. I know that I used to do the 60 mile walk and all, but my "condition" has decreased by mileage dramatically! The guys said they all had a wonderful time and I am so happy that Bob got to spend this special Father's day weekend with his awesome dad and soon to be grandpa.





When they made it home, Bob had all of about 36 hours before he had to leave for Cary so we quickly celebrated our 6 year anniversary and Father's Day all in one evening. I am looking forward to being officially moved so that our lives can get "normal" before we add a baby to the mix.

We have also been enjoying Justin's pool now that Bob is home for a bit. There is nothing like a nice refreshing pool when it is 110 degrees outside. Traci and I loved lounging under the sun while Bob and Justin handled the grill.



Do you see that baby belly sticking out of the water? I am 21 weeks now and cannot believe how big I am getting. People keep saying that I am so small, so it must all be in perspective. All that I know is nothing but maternity clothes fit anymore and if I wear something too tight Lily kicks and punches at it. Guess I will be spending the last three months in yoga pants and baggy shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment