Friday, June 11, 2010

Its A Girl!!!!!

Its a Girl! Its a Girl!! We are so excited and could not be happier. The Lord has blessed us so tremendously and we are overjoyed at having a precious baby girl. My parents came down for the discovery and we had a wonderful weekend together. Of course the heat was intense and our A/C was not working at full capacity. My poor parents are used to 60 degree weather and I think we just about melted them. They were such good sports though and handled the Arizona heat like champs.


On Monday morning we all woke up and headed to breakfast. I am starting to feel better overall but have decided that the best way to feel good is to not eat until well after 9 in the morning. So we headed out to Mimi's Cafe for a fantastic breakfast. I am loving Eggs Benedict at the moment so there I was with a huge carrot raisin muffin and eggs benedict. Soooo Good! I love feeling good and actually wanting food. Such a blessing! Let me tell you, never take craving food for granted. So here we all are at Mimi's Cafe, Grandma, Mom, Dad and the three of us. What a great start to our morning. After breakfast we headed over to the clinic for the big reveal! Bob and I were so excited we could hardly contain ourselves. I think Mom and Dad were too.


We finally got called in to the ultrasound room 20 minutes late....Seriously, do doctors not know how excited we were? Anyways we got in and I crawled up on the table.


I was so nervous. Not going to lie, all of us were really hoping for a girl. I kept praying all morning that if the doctor told me there was a little boy in my belly I was NOT going to cry. I know it seems really silly, especially because little boys are wonderful too, but when you are pregnant emotions run high! Can I get an AMEN? So there we were, expectantly waiting, jelly on the belly and wand hovering above. We heard the lubdub of the ultrasound and there she was. Now many people warned me that babies like to hide there private parts and to not expect a clear shot. Some babies just like to be a surprise! Not this little munchkin. One of the first shots was of her little bum and legs. There she was, clear as day. The ultrasound tech asked if wanted to know and without hesitation said "You are having a daughter." All of us just got so excited. Right now we are loving the name Lily Grace, so here she is...Lily Grace Longmire.






As the ultrasound went on she showed us her feet, legs, and precious hands. The ultrasound tech had to get a multitude of measurements and our little one was cooperative for the most part.


The last measurement was a special side of her heart and the way she was laying did not provide the best shot. So once again I had to do a host of exercises to try to get her to move around.

I tried touching my toes, down dog, jumping and laying on my tummy.

This did nothing but to tire me out and provide fantastic entertainment for all spectators. After all of this, out little baby girl would not move. She is comfy and not moving right now. Fortunately, the ultrasound tech was able to get close enough to get the measurement.


We all got a picture and headed out to make all of the necessary phone calls to announce the news. Grandma and Grandpa could not be happier, Great Grandma was excited too. Mom wants me to promise that she will love horses. I will do my best Mama!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, yay, yay!!! Baby girls are the best! ;)
    Congrats to you both! Lily Grace is a perfect and beautiful name. We need to get together soon! I know you have family there still, so I'll call you in a day or two and we'll find a time. Love you guys, can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete