Sunday, June 6, 2010

Five Months and Counting!


Hallelujia! I think I am over the hump. I still don't feel perfect, but I am far from miserable! Yeah! Maybe the all day sickness won't be an all pregnancy sickness! I have missed a lot over the past month, so I am going to give you a run down of the Month of May!

May was a good overall month filled with the exciting news of moving and the ever present nausea. It is so cool to see my tummy get bigger as this little one continues to make his/her presence known. I think that I am finally "noticeably pregnant" instead of just chubby. All is happy and the baby is perfect in every way. May brought screening tests and some genetic exams for me and the little one. With Bob's history, the doctor recommended we get tested. On May 4th, I headed into the doctor's office for the ultrasound and consult. I was nervous and at peace (is that possible?). I have been completely at peace that this little one is just perfect and completely nervous about the what ifs. Silly me! This little one is happy, healthy, moving and squirming around like a pro. Praise the Lord! The ultrasound was really interesting too because to get the measurements they really need the baby to be laying on its back and my little one was standing on its head. So uncooperative! I had to walk up and down the halls, cough, touch my toes, jump up and down and drink a whole bottle of water. Finally after all of that nonsense the baby flipped and we got the shot. Perfectly perfect in every way!

Mother's day came next and how special it was. This year was my first ever mothers day and it was a neat feeling to wake up in wonder at the way life is going to change and the new role I am taking on. Bob bought me the sweetest card and we went over to my family's house for an afternoon of Mom's. My Mom was in Colorado, but my precious grandma was here and we lavished love on her.


Mother's day makes you remember those women who are so significant. A mother's touch and love are felt through generations. I know it is late, but from this mommy to any others, Happy Happy Day!

We spent some of our time with Anna and Caleb's little one, Josiah. I will tell you what, that little boy could steal anyone's heart. He is so much fun now as he has gotten mobile! He just loves the big dogs. He pulls Rocky's tail and pets him. He is not a tiny bit afraid when Rocky towers over him or kisses him. We even watched Josiah crawl right under Big ol' Rocky to get where he wanted to go. Oddly, big dogs don't scare him a bit, now my kitties, that is a different story. All one of the cats has to do is look at him and he bursts into tears. We took Josiah to the park and went down the slide.




He just loves being outside and his smile is the biggest when he is out in the world. He dances too. It's like a little head bob, but it is super cute! We are surely going to miss that little guy when we go. The Longmires and the Fields are working on some kind of arranged marriage situation in the event we have a girl. We will let you know how that works out.

We also celebrated Mason Weatherly's birthday. At 5 he is all excitement and energy. Matt and Tara, our dear friends had all of us over and we swam and ate. Perfect summer afternoon. I didn't get many pictures, but here is one of the girls.


The month ended with my dear cousin Chelsea coming home. She and her husband Curtis are both Marines and they live on the East Coast. We see her so rarely since Curtis is still actively serving the country. I decided it was high time we stopped everything and took a picture. I am amazed at how quickly we all grow up. I can still remember Chelsea and I getting our pictures taken when we were all of about 8 (me) 4 (Chels). Now we are married, I am having a baby and she has served proudly for 5 years.


Well, in a nutshell, that was the past month. I am hoping to do a little better with the blog now that I am feeling a little more like a human everyday. The next blog is going to be the "Its a..... blog, so stay tuned!

1 comment: