Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baby Shower!


On June 26th, my best friends showered me and my little baby girl with a beautiful party! I had such a wonderful time and it was so great to reconnect with women from all facets of my Arizona life. This Baby Shower was so special to me for many reasons. As I was driving to my friends house I was just overwhelmed with how blessed we are! A year ago we were in the throes of infertility and fearing the worst and today I am 5 months pregnant and having baby showers. Sometime I still feel like I have to pinch myself just to believe that I really do get to be Lily's mom. Everytime she kicks and rolls around I think what an AWESOME God we serve.

I could not have asked for a better shower. My girlfriends were giving me a hard time because I had so many people on my list. It was hard to narrow it down because I have met so many amazing women in my time in Arizona! The afternoon was full of connecting with all of the parts of my family!

My LOC family. Love of Christ Lutheran Church was our first home church when we moved to Arizona. We met Armando and Traci, Anna and Caleb and Matt and Tara who will always be our best and dearest friends. Bev (Tara's mom) has easily accepted the title of Arizona Mom and soon to be Grandma and Megan has easily accepted the role as sister and soon to be Aunt. We have spent many Thanksgivings with them. Traci is of course already Tia Traci and will always have a dear and lasting place in our lives and hearts. Renee Bennett is the most joyful woman I have ever met and we have cherished her prayers and support. Tami Wilke, Shanel Raspberry (and sweet Jade) were also part of the celebration.






My small group family. Terri, Katie and Janine are three wonderful and caring women. As you can see, Janine is also pregnant and get this...we are only one week apart and having girls! We were comparing bellies and are amazed at how similar we look. It is fun having a pregnant buddy! Terri and Katie are beautiful women who have a special place in my heart. We have shared some wonderful evenings in the Word!



My Hale Theatre Family. Laura and Crystal were in "The King and I" play with me back in 2009 as part of the King's harem. We still joke about that. We have remained fast friends over the past year and a half and have all been blessed with baby girls since the end of the play. Kyria, Laura's little one is only about 3 months and is as precious as can be. You can see she was content to just nap away.



My Work Family. Kala and Kristi will always be a part of many fond memories here in Arizona. I will miss being a part of the JK Realty team and getting to work with these lovely ladies! We had many wonderful times interspersed with all of the work. I will miss being the BPO Queen!


My Central Family. Andrea Jones and I got to know each other on the praise team for Central Christian. She has a beautiful heart and a sweet spirit! I will miss worshiping with her!


And my Wonderful Family Family :) Some of my other friends were amazed that I had so much family down here. That is one beautiful thing about my family, it is big and we are all there for each other. I love these women and it was so wonderful to have each and every one of them there. It was also very special to have Chelsea there as she and her husband are still in the military and don't have much time back in AZ. Cassie, Alicia, Jillian, Julia, Kelly, Alayna, Chelsea, Charity and Steph are just a few of the amazing women in my family. I am so blessed!





Lily, Bob and I received so many wonderful gifts, here are just a few. The little polka dot swimsuit was so perfect for this time of year. I cannot believe that a little person will actually fit in that. How cute is that?



You may wonder what that tent thingy is. Well the technical term is a "Hooter Hider." Perfect for hiding the hooters in public when the baby says "I'm hungry Mom!"

These blankets were all handmade by different women in my life. Terri Acosta made the first one. It is a colorful crochet blanket and I love it!



This pink blanket is a true treasure as well. Tara's grandma who is 94 years young made this precious blanket out of the left overs from Tara's little girl's blanket. What a blessing to have someone so special love Lily so much. Thanks Grandma Ruth!


My dear friend Tara made this quilt. It is so special to have something so personal from her. What is really special is that Mason (her 5 year old son) picked out the string that ties it all together. He also bought Lily and me a lily flower. He is such a sweet boy.


Lastly, let me not forget the food spread! Yumminess!


Truly a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment