Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Days!


Bob and I got back from Cary and the next day we headed over to Justin's house to spend a wonderful afternoon with a bunch of our buddies celebrating Justin and Caleb's birthday. We had such a great time and I got to wear this super cute maternity bathing suite. At 24 weeks everyone still says that I look so small. I think I am getting big. Guess it is all in perspective. The doctor says that I am right on track and Lily is moving and grooving. Bob and I love feeling her move and she is starting to be so responsive! Can't wait to meet her.

Well back to the party. Justin opened his new home and his awesome pool to everyone and we had Scott and Holly Wertel with their two kiddos, The Fields, Traci, Justin, The Olsens and Bob and I. Justin grilled and we had plenty of chips and salsa including plenty of Whiskey, Rum and summer liquor. Don't worry Lily and I had water and it was good!




The pool was so warm. I always forget that Summer's in Arizona can make an inviting pool feel like a warm bath. With this little bun in the oven I am always so warm, so the AC in the house was way more inviting than the pool. Josiah was adorable and was tossed from person to person. What a swimmer! He is a fish and fearless. Good Luck Anna and Caleb!


Later we had dessert! OOOOO, dessert. Now that I am feeling better, I am finally enjoying sweet things again.


Traci made this awesome Chocolate eclair cake and Joan made fruit pizza. Both were great! Justin and Caleb blew out their candles and then cheered with a glass of fancy Makers Mark Whiskey.


I think that Justin is the spokesman for Makers Mark as he has towels, cigars, bottle toppers, and I think he might even have a pillow. So as a result of his patronage he got this fancy bottle of new whiskey and he and Caleb gave it a shot. I heard it was good stuff!


What a great way to spend some of our last days with our buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment