Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Gracie Lou

Me and our new puppy made it home from North Carolina to a very surprised Evie who was completely overwhelmed with emotion about her new puppy.  This moment right here made it all worth it and I was completely at peace with bringing this new responsibility into our lives.






Even though "Susie" was cute I let Evie pick the name for this little lady.  We went through Snowball, Akita, and a few others before Evie says, "what about Gracie!"  I immediately said I love it! So Susie became Gracie Lou! (having just watched Miss Congeniality a couple weeks ago, I nearly cracked up....Gracie Lou Freebush anyone.....if you know you know).  But more than that I love that my sweet friend Grace has a special place in our house now.  So fun.



We brought her in and Ellie took an immediate liking to her.  They started to play right on the spot eventhough the pup was totally overwhelmed.


Gracie snuggled with Evie the first night and it made my Mom heart so happy.



Gracie is such a good puppy.  She sleeps pretty well throughout the night, has only had a couple of accidents, and is just an absolute snuggle.  She will go anywhere with Evie and is content and totally chill.







She even comes to the gym with me.  Ellie is a nervous Nellie, but not Gracie.  Gracie loves the place and sleeps like there is no noise in the place.




There have been moments in the middle of the night when this little floof is barking and whining where I wonder if I was high in NC, but overall we cannot imagine not having her.  She has brought so much extra joy into our lives and I am excited for Evie and Lily to grow up with two dogs in the house.

Welcome home Gracie Lou!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment