Thursday, February 24, 2022

OM

As I have immersed myself in yoga I have found a literal abyss of knowledge.  There is so much depth in the practice of yoga.  


There are also plenty of celebrity yogis out there and this woman above is no exception.  This beauty is Kino MacGregor and she is an Ashtanga yogi with an absolute heart for the practice.  I took part in a 3 day workshop series with her and it was truly awakening, challenging, and so much fun.

On the first day we did a 20 minute meditation.  We found a place to sit and she had us purposely not move for 20 minutes.  Have you ever done that?  Its amazing, and hard.  When you sit still, things itch, your feet fall asleep....so many sensations.....all managed by breath.  

The next two days  were filled with yoga drills and a fully led Ashtanga Primary Series.  


So many wonderful yoga friends. These ladies are just a couple of the beautiful humans I know in this yoga world.


Yoga has truly given me something that I am going to spend my lifetime exploring.  Its not just physical though, but an awareness of the self that has at times been more than I was ready to learn.  





The body opens on its own time.

Looking forward to discovering it and meeting many more yogi mentors along the way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment