Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Getting Knoxed!

When I planned my Texas trip I had no idea that Lily was going to have her first ever synchro swim meet that required full costume.  So, as we have now learned, when the synchro team competes they have to look identical from suit, to hair and makeup.  Hair is required to be Knoxed.  Don't know what that is?  Neither did we.  I will disclose a little synchro secret.  Its Gelatin. Knox unflavored gelatin is basically the water proof superglue to hold all of the hairs in place.  Bob and Lily were left on their own to figure out how to make all of that work.  


I won't lie, I felt bad about leaving, but only for a minute.  Bob is so capable, and he used the resources of coaches and Sally Beauty Supply to find all of the things and make it happen.  I was seriously so proud when he sent me the picture of her smiling.  Whew!



Lily's meet was amazing and she loved every second.  As an 11 year old, she has been put on the 13-15 team.  Yes, she's just that good and she loves this sport.  




Even in Texas I got all of the videos and pictures and was honestly brimming with pride.  Not only because of her performance, but because she and Dad solved all the problems without me there.  That is a win.  It is.  As a mother I want to be around for things, but I also want my kiddo to know that she has so many people that love her even without me around!







Lily's team took 1st place in their division, and the concensus when I got home was, "Mom, I love this!"

Looking forward to the next one this weekend when I get to try my own hand at the knoxing!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment