Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Climbing Camelback

Life happens when you simply let it.  I have so much to say about 2020, and honestly, most of it is so very good.  2020 was a gift to me, to my family, and to my life.  It brought so much learning, so much purpose, and a few new friends too.

This lady is one of those new friends and I am very grateful for the space she holds in my life.  This is Jenna and life has dealt her a lot of hard blows, and yet she still remains lovely, kind, gentle, and a joy.

The other day she asked if I wanted to hike Camelback Mountain and what an experience that is!

 

I really thought that I remembered hiking Camelback, but once on the trail I clearly have never actually done it.  Camelback is not just a hike, it is a literal climb, and such a fun and unique experience.  There are many parts of the climb that are quite literally hands and feet on the rocks kind of climbing.  Within the first quarter of a mile you get to this rock face that you have to climb up by holding onto a railing they have concreted into the rock. It is challenging and fun and such a great experience.




The views of the valley are really unrivaled as you find yourself slowly reaching the top.  Its such a beautiful climb and you feel so accomplished once you stretch over that final boulder to reach the peak.



Of course I did yoga on top.  I do yoga everywhere these days.  The climb is only about 1.5 miles one way, but the intensity of the climb and the care you must take to not literally tumble all the way down the mountain makes the miles go by slowly.  Its an experience to be sure.


I cannot wait to bring the girls up to Camelback and let them climb and I am so grateful for the friends and adventures that 2020 has brought.


No comments:

Post a Comment