Saturday, December 5, 2020

A Day with Ashley

I love these ladies.

Friendship is a gift and if there is one thing I have learned is to keep your heart always open to new friendships because out of nowhere you will find those that speak to your heart and become a permanent part of your life.  These ladies fit that description.  COVID has put so much physical distance between us but when we do find ourselves together, its just a special thing.


A couple of weeks ago I got to spend some one on one time with Ashley and let me tell you, a day with this woman is a gift.  Ashley is one of the most intentional humans I know.  Her friendship means the world because it truly is deeply genuine and purposeful.  Her love, her space in my life is a treasure.


She really wanted to get back on a horse and since my Mom and Dad have 3 of them I knew I could make it happen.  I picked her up early and she and I made the 3.5 hour drive up to the Flying E Ranch. 



Ashley and RJ became fast friends and it did my heart some good to watch her thoroughly enjoy herself. It was cool but not cold and the weather was amazing.  Such a perfect day.





Mom, Ashley, and I took a glorious 2.5 hour ride through the national forest.  It was a wonderful time and we trotted, cantered, and felt the cool fall breeze in our hair.  Memory made.




Hold the ones you love close,  really close.  Life is far too short to miss the moment, any moment that you can have with them.  Love deep and wide and long and often.  Love without ties, love without a transaction, love with abandon. 

Be intentional with your friendships and never get too busy to make a memory.  So grateful for this day with Ashley.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment