Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Arizona Winters

A couple of weeks ago we had a short but very sweet visit from Grandma Jill and Aunt Sue.  Due to the crazy actual winter weather in Chicago, Grandma Jill's flight was delayed by a day, but when she got in we enjoyed every second with her.


Going to the airport my girls spent their energy at the Mesa Riverview park.  This climbing structure is one of their favorites, and YES, that is Lily Grace at the top.  She has done a lot of growing up to be confident enough to do that.....alone.


This little one did exactly what I told her to do (shocking) and stayed within her limits.  She may be unbelievably bold and daring, but she's smart too.  Praise the Lord! There is no way my foot could have gone up and rescued her so I was super grateful she erred on the side of obedience.


Grandma and Sue gave us a date night and even took the girls all day one day so that we could have an entire date day to ourselves.  We ventured out for our date night and saw Aquaman (so fun), but  totally stayed in the house and binge watched movies for our day date.  It was really fun.  Sitting and watching movies is something I do REALLY well these days and we had a great time.

On the last day here, everyone headed up to McDowell Mountain for a gorgeous Arizona winter hike.  I sat in a Starbucks and worked which is why I am not in any of these photos (this recovery process is really cramping my style).  They picked me up after they were done and we enjoyed a nice lunch together.




The weekend was so short, but any time spent with Grandma and Aunt Sue is a treat.  Here's to hoping this one of the final hike pictures I don't get to be in!

No comments:

Post a Comment