Thursday, January 24, 2019

To Walk Among Giants

My girls are growing up. Its happening so fast and just the other day I had this realization that if I don't find my way past my foot and back to my camera, I am going to miss capturing them.  I mean look at them! (Even the hunky one in the middle is showing some grey).



What a season of life we are in.  Evie is working hard in Kindergarten this year.  She is younger than Lily was and we are having to remember that when she struggles to remember her word lists, she is only 5.5!  She has come so far and we are excited to watch her finish out her first year in elementary school.  Evie is a pistol and is challenging us in many ways.  Parenting her has stretched us.  She loves big, but she also angers big, and does mad big.  Helping her navigate the flood of emotions that she feels is not for the faint of heart.  Oh Lord grant us wisdom.  


Lily is growing into an amazing young woman.  Wow.  Her maturity level has skyrocketed this year and this little girl, ooooooof, she is amazing.  The well of her compassion runs deep and even though she still does battle with the inner "me only" setting, she has shown herself to have maturity well beyond her 8 years lately.  Lily cares a great deal, and as she is becoming a young woman my prayer is that she would guard her heart.  Her spirit is tender and she feels everything.  I think God gave her the same sort of gift he gave me, intuition and discernment.  This girl feels deep.


Both of my girls, although similar in so many ways, are very unique.  As they get older and slowly learn about this big world, we see them become their own persons.  If you ever want to understand different perspectives....come to my house.  Lily sees the world very black and white, while Evie colors everywhere but inside the lines.  Not right, not wrong, just different and beautiful.  







Sometimes I wish life wasn't so hard and then I remember that an easy life isn't an epic one.  As we journey ahead into this next season of parenthood I pray that Bob and I would continue to have wisdom and grace and an unwavering team unity. Raising confident, godly, bold, and courageous young women is not for the faint of heart and these girls are destined to walk among giants.



No comments:

Post a Comment