Thursday, March 15, 2018

Phoenix Half Marathon

Its happened again....I'm behind.  So here comes some last month blogs to get you all caught up on what happened last month.  Lordy.  Here I thought our year start was going to be chill.  I was going to have so much time!  BAHAHAHAHA.

So.....the Phoenix Half Marathon.  I had been really looking forward to this race for a while. I love Half Marathon distance and this particular race is really fun because it is in our stomping grounds and a downhill race.  The weather this time of year is absolutely perfect so the whole combination is glorious.


Our amazing neighbors took our girlies so that Bob and I could sneak out early for this one and it was so much fun to just have an early morning running date with my favorite guy.  Unfortunately, I was feeling less than on top of my game due to the timing of being a woman, so the morning of the race I knew without doubt that this was going to be a good ole "just for fun" adventure.




Bob, who is unbelievably blessed with an athletic ability went into this race "untrained" and as you can see in the picture below had an incredible morning.  I was determined not to get dropped by him, and against my expectation, he increased his gears as the miles wore on.  We started our journey rocking the 9:30 pace and crossed the finish line having ran 7:20s for the final 3 miles.  I was done.......

But I was so proud of myself that in spite of not feeling awesome I refused to get dropped.  I wore those Wonder Woman pants and worked!  Our race was wonderful and it was so great to reconnect with a few of my triathlete buddies.  Bob and I always agree that the people are what make racing and training truly a blast!


Here's to another race in the books and another medal on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment