Monday, March 19, 2018

God and Karma

Well.....its been a few weeks since our lice "experience" and I realized that I never finished telling the story of God and Karma.  I know, those really shouldn't go together, but 2 weeks ago....they did. 

So there I was in the throes of dealing with head lice and literally wanting to break down, buy a flame thrower and torch my house.  Bob was of course out of town and to make it worse his meeting on day 2 of this whole fiasco ran too long and he missed his flight.  The poor guy was frustrated and I was neck deep in the reality that I was going to have to "do this" by myself for the next 30 hours.  Okay....I got this.

After being inside the lice infested house for 36 hours, I was determined to get us out and amongst the clean people for a break.  So I slathered the girls up with olive oil (yeah, cause remember the little buggers like clean hair) and we attempted an incognito appearance at gymnastics.

Nothing to see here folks, just some greased lightning flashbacks.....thank God for hats....but I digress.

I sat in the car, called a friend and laughed.  Oh man I laughed......what else was there to do? When my hour was up I walked into Mrs. Carol's Gymkids doors and was greeted by Mrs. Carol herself.  She did not look happy, and she had a paper......a typed paper.......with Evie's name on it.  Of course she did.  All I could think about as she began to tell me of Evie's disrespect and naughtiness was, WOW kid........that's TYPED!  That took time.....and energy.......and....well, I think its serious.  Won't lie....I laughed.  Oh Evie.

So I took my hooligan and her  sister back to the den of lice to continue our front against them.  I had to make a mad dash to Walmart for more supplies in which not 1 BUT 2 Walmart employees got upset with my girls for their behavior.  YEP.....its been a bad day when you get a typed note and WALMART doesn't want your kids.  So great.  So we went home and I prayed for the sweet release of bed time.  Come quickly Lord.

As I was tucking Evie in, Lily comes in from the bathroom and proceeds to tell me that her number 2 has clogged the toilet and "its overflowing Mom."  Again......sure......that fits.


So I put the girls in their beds and headed to my 12th job of the day....plumber.  It wasn't horrible,......but it wasn't great.  I plunged, and plunged, and plunged, and plunged.  It wouldn't go down and the more I plunged, the sloshier it got, the more it over flowed and the more my feet and legs felt the splash of poop water.  So, so, so great.  I plunged and plunged to no avail.  The mess was great, and my determination was waning.  In the midst possible defeat by poop I just closed my eyes and prayed, "Lord God Almighty, Momma is at the end here and I flat out need a victory.  Please Lord, make it go DOWN!!"  I opened my eyes, plunged once, and it went down!  HALLELUJAH.  That night God was my Plumber.


I went to bed a little more peaceful.   God doesn't always unclog your toilet when you ask, but that night I just needed to feel not alone in that moment.  I needed a victory, and He was real.  Even in the midst of life's hot messness, I felt His presence.

So that is my God story.....then Karma happened.  We woke up the next day and I got us oiled up, sprayed down, and off to work and school.  I made it through the morning with no major incidents....Praise the Lord.  When it was time to get little Evie, I pulled up to the school and waited outside the room.  In true "the norm" fashion, Mrs. Hershey calls me over upon opening the door, "Oh Bethany, Evie had a rough day."  There was fighting and kicking and screaming involved.  Oh Baby.  So as a result of her naughtiness she didn't get her sucker for the day.  So sad.  "GRRR, Mommy I want my sucker!" Man its hard to parent when you know its just been a flat out not awesome week. "No, bug, you know the rule."  We got to the car only to have her not want to get in while growling and threatening to hit things. 


I so desperately did not want to have to come down hard on her.  I was tired and I felt everything she did......it HAD been a long 3 days.  But she persisted.  I got in the front seat and once she decided to get behind me she proceeded to lean back in her chair and kick my seat with such force that I knew I couldn't let it go.  Just as I was about to  become mean Mom she kicked so hard that her knee ricocheted off the seat and nailed her in the nose causing a blood fountain.  OH KARMA, THANK YOU!

She was a mess, but instead of disciplining, I got to pull her in my arms, clean her up, snuggle her and let her cry on my shoulder. 

I get it babe....its been a long week. 

So there you have it. The culmination of that life story.  Lessons were learned and I for one am very, very grateful for God and Karma!

No comments:

Post a Comment