Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving in Vernon


My Mom and Dad are officially in and settled!  What a wonderful time to give THANKS!



 

We are so excited to spend the holiday season with them in their ranch and we got the party started with Thanksgiving.  It was SO much fun to visit because all of the memories and items I remember as a child are out and displayed.  The pictures are on the wall and the scrapbooks are on the shelf.  I felt a sweet homecoming this time.  What a blast!


My girls, especially my bold and adorable Evie are so glad that they are here.  That little girl loves her Memaw and Papa.  REALLY loves them.





Our few days in the mountains was very low key.  The kids rode horses, we explored a local yoga class, Bob and Dad moved some hay bales, we introduced The Sound of Music and just enjoyed some time of rest and food.




Poor Bob managed a horrendous pulled muscle and we had to find the one chiropractor opened on Black Friday, but other than that it was pretty chill.










There is so much fun to have on the ranch.  The girls have so much joy when they are out, dirty and enjoying everything that they can find.  Life is very good when they get to be outside all day!





Our Thanksgiving was a beautifully simple time this year and I relished the opportunity to just be present and enjoy the time.    I especially loved our last evening up there when we had some friends come over and enjoy some BBQ and music.  Mom and I pulled out our guitars and started singing all the music I grew up with.  It was an incredibly special time because my Lily Lou saw me in such a different light.  I have never seen her so moved by music.  She snuggled into my arms and I sang for hours.  She cried and snuggled and hugged me harder than she ever had.  It was so special and a Thanksgiving I will not soon forget.


Looking forward to Celebrating Christmas in Vernon at the new Flying E!

No comments:

Post a Comment