Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Best Kind of Busy

Oh goodness.....my girls.  My beautiful, feisty, bold, loud carbon copies.  Gosh I love them.  I will admit that I have been using some of my "free" time to go through past blogs here.  I am ever so grateful that through it all I have kept up with our news right here on this forum.  My girls are growing up.



I have come to the realization that the worst thing  you can say to a mother of young children is "Oh, it just goes by so fast."  Because it doesn't.....I mean it does........but it doesn't.  When you children are running up and down the grocery aisle, knocking things over and nearly tripping the old man....I promise.....its not going by fast.  When you stop and look at the pictures of Evie 3 years ago?.......the time is flying.



We are smack dab in the middle of raising kids.  Evie has been put on a special diet in the hopes of helping her with her irritability and allergy symptoms.  Lily is living the 1st grade life full of all its drama, excitement and challenge, Bob is travelling, I am travelling, and we are training for marathons.....WOW.  Being an intentional parent who is determined to have functioning, bright, bold, compassionate and kind children is A LOT LIKE WORK.  Parenting a giant is hard.  Parenting 2?  

It really is our greatest challenge   Dude......We so got this.




But its busy and constant and sometimes frustrating and annoying.  I won't lie......I sometimes wish I could cash in and run away. Can adults do that? Or is that only a kid thing.......oh the places I could go, oh the things I could do.   But I digress.....

I wouldn't have them any other way.  They drive me crazy and yet are the most amazing 2 humans that share my own flesh.  I love them and their boldness.  I swear to get them to adulthood smiling as brightly as they are now.  I believe without doubt that their life is richly full of purpose.  I will always be in their corner even when they throw punches at me.  They are the best kind of busy and busy is what we do best!

No comments:

Post a Comment