Friday, June 16, 2017

Summer Antics

Well, we are back from the Bahamas and Evie's Disney Adventure Birthday, so I am working tirelessly to catch up with life before I take my girls on another adventure to Colorado.  I had WAY too much fun vacationing and showing very little responsibility that I am now finding myself buried in blogs!  Don't worry, I'll get to them all, but the next month is going to be like a walk back in time as I catch up on all that I have missed writing about.

Summer is HERE and if the heat out here in the valley of the Sun doesn't convince you, then let the faces of my kids do the talking.  Its all Pool parties, movie watching and playdates over here except the 3 times a week I make them go to the gym with me.  Their lives are very sweet.  In fact, yesterday after their breakfast, Daddy took them to Quicktrip for an ICEE at 9AM.  That is how you kid!


Some called us crazy for not buying a house with a pool in the backyard, but we have not lacked for watering holes.  Missing a pool has encouraged us to meet new people and find pools to crash.  You have a pool?  We Longmires want to be your friends!

I have been so blessed to get to know this small group of women and their spouses this year. It's amazing how Got brings people into your life and gives you new village members.  Melissa, Jamie and Lindsay have been those ladies and I am thankful because not only do all of our husbands get along, but our kids all have a blast together!





We got together for a pool party a couple weeks ago and I am so glad that I brought my camera, I caught so many awesome candids of kids just doing their kid things.  Yes, we had a SUP in the pool and every kid attempted to claim King of the Mountain status.  Let those pictures up top speak for themselves....Evie will have her moment!



Miss Nora and Evie are like to little 4 year old peas in a pod.  One big similarity?  The both love their Daddies!







No pool party would be complete without some throwing, launching and splashing antics.  It started off with just some throws in the pool and then Bob and Nate got together and started launching all of the kids in to the pool.  




Daddies are big.....kids are little and yet every single one of them stood in line to be literally flung like a rag doll into the pool.





Lily was incessant with it and kept coming back for more which inevitably lead the guys to fling her harder.  This particular swing here was EPIC and, for posterity sake, I am so glad this is the one I caught on camera.



She was about 5 swings into the afternoon when this one happened.  They flung her hard and fast.  This picture below is the 1 second before she took an absolute belly flop into that water.  I mean.....EVERYONE heard it.  Lily came up shell shocked with the wind completely knocked out of her.  Poor kid.....it hurt so bad.  She even managed to get a good ole belly bruise from this one.


But.....in true Lily Grace Longmire fashion, the kid shed a few tears, mustered her amazing courage and asked Daddy to throw her in again.  A little wiser, a little stronger but with the same bravery and gumption as ever.  What bruise?


Summer is just getting going here and I am so very glad that I am fully present this year.  Spending time doing summer stuff with these 3 is simply the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment