Friday, March 3, 2017

The Phoenix Marathon

Bob ran his first marathon of the year last weekend and it was a GLORIOUS day for it.  I decided to sit this one out this time which was SO HARD, but I am ever so glad that Bob got to have his moment and the girls and I got to support him.


The girls and I slept in a bit on Saturday morning and then got our behinds down to the 23 mile marker where we joined some of my TRI club members to hand out water and gatorade.  I have to give a huge shout out to Lily and Evie who really stepped up and were immensely helpful at the aid station.


Evie worked on the game of "how many cups can I hold" while Lily helped one of the other volunteers fill cups.  In case you were wondering, No that cup in her mouth wasn't "hers" and Yes, a runner took it right after I snatched this pic.  MMMMMMM. sharing germs.


Bob held a blistering pace for the first 20 or so miles and then began to slow.  I wasn't going to post this picture of him, but its one of his favorites because, as he puts it, "Its the exact moment where I was done running and just wanted to walk."  Been there.  Rarely though do you get the picture of it!


Even though he wanted to stop he pushed through and finished the race with a 3:47 time.  One minute faster than my time last year (he wanted me to be sure I pointed that out!).


The Phoenix Marathon is always an amazing race and Bob did phenomenally well.  Looking forward to the next event and maybe we can do it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment