Saturday, March 4, 2017

Journey to Boston: Your Glory Surrounds Me

So this year's end goal is to qualify for Boston.  Basically what that means is that triathloning is going to take a bit of a back seat while running is going to be put right back up there in the drivers seat.  I LOVE being a triathlete, but I REALLY LOVE running.  Its just may jam.  


In order to qualify for Boston, I have to slowly and methodically get my speed back up.  Its actually going to be quite the challenge because I spent all last year bringing my speed down to increase my efficiency.  Don't get me wrong, its not that I am painfully slow, but 9:20/mile pace, although respectable, isn't going to get me my Boston qualifying time!  

And speed is HARD.  In addition to the speed, Coach wants me to start working on building the stability muscles in my legs.  Enter trail running!

Arizona is just perfect for trail running and the desert is absolutely gorgeous this time of year.  I met on of my fellow RACELAB teammates Johann for a gorgeous 12 mile trail run last weekend and I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful it was.  My heart was so happy.





The trail we ran was very challenging and technical, but the views were breathtaking.  Several times during the run I would just stop myself for a minute and let it all soak in.  How thankful I am to have a body that can go run 12 miles on trail.  How grateful I am to be able to look out and recognize how beautiful creation is.  

I cannot wait to do it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment